In an attempt to boost their energy, sports-people and students usually overuse excitants. Stimulants are also being abused as a recreational fix.
Stimulants function by acting on the central nervous system to increase alertness and cognitive function. Prescription medications or illicit substances such as Cocaine are included under Stimulants. Abusers commonly snort, inject or take the substance orally.
Get treatment as soon as possible if you're suffering from addiction to Stimulants. Get the help you need to defeat the addiction now call 0800 772 3971.
Prescription Stimulants Brands And Names
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), hypersomnia and at times fatness are cured using recommended Stimulants. Amphetamines and methylphenidates are the most common prescription Stimulants. The consequences of overusing both kinds of Stimulants are almost identical, even when they are very different at a molecular level. Depending on how strong the Stimulants is supposed to be or how long it's supposed to last, a person can either be prescribed methylphenidate or amphetamines.
Below are popular prescribed Stimulants brands
- Adderall - Adderall was approved in 1960 and is presently the most famous ADHD treatment drug and the most commonly prescribed amphetamine in the United States.
- Dexedrine - is most commonly used to treat ADHD and has been on the market for American consumers since 1976.
- These drugs are popularly used by the US.
- The Air force in order to keep the pilots alert and awake longer during World War II until the Gulf War.
- Ritalin - was approved in 1955, this drug has been used in the treatment of hyperactive children.
- This drug is a Methylphenidate which is why it differs from Adderall and Dexedrine.
- Being the same Stimulants, it produces similar effects as the other aforementioned drugs.
- Concerta - Concerta approved in 2000, is a relatively new drug used to treat ADHD.
- Although it has a different potency and acts for a different length of time, it is also a Methylphenidate like Ritalin.
- Desoxyn - a methamphetamine used under order.
- It was the earliest remedy pill for obesity, which was introduced in 1947.
- ADHD are also among the disorders it treats.
- Ephedrine - for asthma patients, Ephedrine is generally applied to repress the urge to feed and medicament; it produces the same symptom as other excitants.
- It is frequently available over the counter and is commonly used as an ingredient in clandestine meth labs.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Stimulants Addiction And The Effects
With prescription Stimulants, there is a high possibility of addiction and abuse and this is why they are classified as Schedule ii controlled substances. The use of Medicated Stimulants is violated monthly by over 900,000 US citizens.
Stimulants consequences and symptoms
- Declination or lack of appetite
- Excessive talking
- Feeling energetic
Improving performance rather than getting high is usually the main reason for prescription Stimulants abuse. The data shows more athletes and students are abusing this drug to significantly improve their capacity to perform.
Dopamine, which is an ecstasy-imposed chemical in the brain, is formed in huge quantity by Stimulants. The brain loose is a capacity of producing dopamine in the rights quantity, after a long time of consuming Stimulants. Stimulants addiction is caused as a result of high demand for dopamine, which always grows to a high obsession level with time.
Stimulants That Are Illegal
The Stimulants class would be incomplete without mentioning Cocaine, crack and crystal meth. These illicit derivatives create similar effects as the prescription drugs.